| $ 2602 Day Reef & Rainforest Package
Special Expires 16 Jul 2030
About 2 Day Reef & Rainforest Package
Where the Rainforest meets the Reef
Welcome to Tropical North Queensland where the Rainforest meets the Reef – and you have two stunning World Heritage areas to explore. With Down Under Cruise and Dive and The Adventure Company, you can discover both the reef and rainforest with a local company now celebrating its 20th year of operation.
Over 2 action-packed days, you get to experience the Great Barrier Reef with Down Under Cruise & Dive aboard EVOLUTION, then explore the wonders of Cape Tribulation and the famous Daintree National Park with a Full Day Starter PAK Tour.
Upgrade to a Deluxe PAK to include a Beautiful lunch at Cape Tribulation and/or Admission to the award-winning Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas
- Day 1: Reef tour departs from the Reef Fleet Terminal (Check in from 7.15am for an 8.00am departure/Returns at 4.30pm)
- Day 2: Includes pick up & drop off from your accommodation.(Pick up time confirmed at time of booking)
Day One: Evolution Great Barrier Reef Cruise
Ride on EVOLUTION to the Outer Great Barrier Reef for snorkelling with all gear and tuition included. Visit two exclusive reef sites, with plenty of time to enjoy relaxing and sun bathing on three deck levels. Dial up the adventure and choose from a variety of optional activities including an Introductory dive or Certified dive.
In the afternoon there's a choice of optional activities such as a ride on our Semi-Submersible coral viewing tour (weather dependent), a 10 minute scenic helicopter flight, more snorkelling or diving, or just laze around on our massive sun-deck.
Finally cruise back to Cairns while enjoying our on-board entertainer for some live music together with a free glass of wine, cheese and biscuits.
- 2 stunning outer reef sites - 5 Hours Reef Time
- Snorkelling equipment & floatation devices provided
- Hot BBQ Lunch (Hot meats, fish, prawns & a variety of fresh salads, vegetarian option available)
- Free Lycra/sun suit hire
- Fruit platter, cheese and a glass of wine on return journey
- Experienced, professional dive instructors
- Large air-conditioned modern lounges to relax in comfort
Your Day with Evolution
- 7:30AM : Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal - 1 Spence St, Cairns
- 8.15AM : Evolution departs Cairns to its first location
- 11:30AM : Enjoy a BBQ buffet lunch onboard
- 1:00PM : Evolution arrives at its second location
- 3:00PM : Evolution departs for Cairns
- 4:30PM : Evolution arrives back in Cairns
We have selected our outer reef locations for their variety and bottom contours, so to provide the best experience for both beginners, experienced snorkelers and children of all ages.
Our staff keep a constant watch over the snorkelling sites making sure all passengers can enjoy the amazing wildlife in perfect safety. Our snorkel supervisors are all experienced Divemasters and provide in-depth briefings on safety procedures and site orientation, so you know where to find all the 'cool stuff'.
For the beginners we offer one-on-one tuition on gear use and snorkelling techniques, a selection of buoyancy aids (foam noodles, life jackets and wetsuits) and FREE snorkel guides are available all day long to guide you through the natural maze of beautiful coral and fishes.
SubXplorer Semi Submersible
Enjoy the spectacular coral formations without getting wet on our semi-submersible tour with commentary and marine life identification cards.
The tour operates at Hastings Reef and runs for approximately 20 minutes. Our friendly team help guests board directly from Evolution safely.
Once inside everyone has a seat by the enourmous viewing windows and you will be welcomed on board by our Marine Biologist who will provide live commentary in English throughout the tour - helping you understand the enormity of the world's largest living organism.
Day Two: Daintree Rainforest & Cape Tribulation
Accommodation Transfers Included
↻ Duration | Up to 12 HoursAccommodation
Transfers start from 6:45am - 7.30am (confirmed at time of booking) & tour returns to Cairns at approximately 6:30pm
Join our professional, friendly and highly experienced guides in an unforgettable day of fun, discovery and adventure exploring the majestic rainforests, pristine rivers and white sandy beaches of the World Heritage Listed Cape Tribulation and Daintree National Parks. Cape Tribulation is the only place in the world where two-world heritage listed regions live alongside each other.
Wildlife Habitat & Lunch Option
Upgrade your day to include all the sites included as part of the Starter Pak plus explore all the amazing wildlife at the Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas, then treat yourself to an amazing lunch at Cape Tribulation Beach House right at the water’s edge where the rainforest and reef meet.
Highlights of your day in the Daintree
- Port Douglas: Take in the spectacular scenic coastal drive north of Cairns, before you enjoy free time in Port Douglas to soak up the village atmosphere.
- Wildlife Habitat: (optional upgrade) We visit the award-winning Wildlife Habitat where you will venture through purpose built native habitats of some of Australia’s rare, endangered and totally unique native animals. ** New optional activity is to get a photo holding a Koala. Ask your tour guide for details **
- Visit famous Mossman Gorge: Enjoy a guided rainforest walk and see the crystal-clear waters of the Mossman River cascade over spectacular boulder formations amongst the lush rainforest. National Park entrance fee included in tour price.
- Lunch: (optional upgrade) Only metres from Cape Tribulation Beach you will be treated to a chef-prepared lunch. Meal options include: steak, fish, chicken, kangaroo and vegetarian options.
- Cape Tribulation Beach: Kick back and relax under the fringing rainforest of the Daintree where the “Rainforest meets the Reef”. Enjoy a leisurely walk and take in the picturesque views at this beautiful historic beach location.
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise: Our journey continues to the majestic Daintree River for a one-hour Wildlife and Crocodile exploration. This is a rare location to see wildlife at play in the natural habitat.
- Cable Ferry crossing across the ancient Daintree River
What to bring
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Comfortable clothing & footwear
- Lunch/snacks (optional)
- Swimmers and a towel (optional)
2 Day Reef & Rainforest Package Reviews
2 Day Reef & Rainforest Package
Day 1: Reef tour departs from the Reef Fleet Terminal (Check in from 7.15am for an 8.00am departure/Returns at 4.30pm) Day 2: Includes pick up & drop off from your accommodation.(Pick up time confirmed at time of booking)