| $ 95Jungle Tours | Daintree Rainforest & Jungle Surfing
Special Expires 31 Mar 2030
| $ 109Jungle Surfing | Self Drive
Special Expires 20 Sep 2030
About Jungle Surfing in the Daintree
Jungle Surfing takes you into the beating heart of the Daintree Rainforest on a guided zipline experience through five tree platforms and the world's first Human Hamster Wheel cable lift.
The platforms range in height from 7-16m above the ground and showcase every level of the rainforest canopy. The ziplines range from 37-95m and are travelled in pairs except for one solo flight - upside down if you dare! - across a rainforest creek. The final span to the ground features side-by-side racing ziplines with speeds over 45km/h!
Expert guides accompany you every step of the way controlling all equipment and flight so there's no experience or tuition necessary. And throughout the tour, the guides tell the story of the world's oldest rainforest.
Your Jungle Surfing Experience
For the first three ziplines you’ll travel in pairs, a few metres apart. The guides control your gentle flight, leaving you free to take photographs, or just admire the stunning views of the trees around you, forest below and fellow jungle surfers.
The third platform is cantilevered off the hillside and has amazing views over the rainforest and out to the Great Barrier Reef. It’s the perfect place to pause and breathe it all in. There’s complimentary binoculars here, for your use at the platform.
The next part of your Jungle Surfing Canopy Tour is perhaps the most scenic. Beneath you is Mason Creek, winding its way along the forest floor; beside you, a canopy of green leaves interspersed with high flying bird’s nest ferns and in the distance beyond, the sparkling blue waters of the Coral Sea. We give you the option of stopping here for a moment, to pause 20m above the ground and marvel at the beauty of your magnificent surrounds. Or you may choose to keep moving along to the next tree platform, continuing your adventure.
The next span offers thrill seekers the opportunity to try something different (if you dare), by flipping upside down and watching the ground speed past beneath you. This is completely optional but if you brave it, don’t forget to give us your best Tarzan cry!
The final descent takes you to the end zone platform, on side-by-side racing ziplines. Race to speeds of over 45km/h, or if that’s too fast, there’s also the option to take it slowly. An exhilarating end to the amazing Jungle Surfing Canopy Tour.
Back on the ground it’s a short walk to the harnessing centre, where the helmet and harness comes off and it’s time to return to the Jungle Adventure Centre, where you can view your photos and continue your exploration of Cape Tribulation.
The Jungle Surfing Canopy Tour takes around 2 hours, from pick-up to drop off. You’ll spend over an hour in the trees, with plenty of time on each platform to enjoy the rainforest environment.
Self Drive Jungle Surfing
The Jungle Surfing shuttle departs Cape Tribulation up to 12 times daily
↻ Duration | Up to 2 Hours
⇨ Instant Confirmation
⎙ Mobile or Printed Ticket
Getting to Cape Tribulation
Self-drivers are required to meet at the Cape Tribulation Jungle Adventure Centre (formerly Snake House) Lot 2 Cape Tribulation Road. Free parking available. (3hrs self-drive, north of Cairns)
- From Cairns: - Allow 3 hours
- From Port Douglas: - Allow 2 hours
- From Mossman: - Allow 1.5 hours
Booking jungle Surfing
Jungle Surfing is a popular activity. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up to without a booking.
- 1-hour minimum up in the trees (maximum 2 hours tour)
- All instruction and equipment
- Shuttle from Cape Trib
Jungle Surfing Times
7.50am, 9.10am, 9.50am, 11.10am, 1.50pm, 2.30pm, 3.50pm every day.
8.30am (seasonal), 10.30am (seasonal), 1.10pm (seasonal), 3.10pm (seasonal),
Jungle Surfing Safety
- Max weight is 120kgs (260lbs or 18 stone 12lbs)
- Tour is not suitable for pregnant women
- Minimum age is three years old
- Max 13 people can participate in each tour
What to Bring/Wear
- Long Shorts or trousers - skirts are not suitable
- T-shirts or shirts with sleeves - no singlets or sleeveless tops
- Enclosed footwear
- Money for refreshments
Jungle Tours Daintree Experience including Jungle Surfing
Experience Jungle Surfing in the Daintree on our full day Daintree tour including transfers from Cairns & Port Douglas, Lunch, Jungle Surfing and Wildlife Habitat & a Daintree River Cruise. Departs Cairns & Port Douglas daily
↻ Duration | Up to 12 Hours
⇨ Instant Confirmation
⎙ Mobile or Printed Ticket
- Accommodation Transfers
- Wildlife Habitat Tour
- Daintree River Cruise
- Lunch Included
- Alexandra Lookout
- Jungle Canopy Surfing
Daintree River Cable Ferry
Accommodation Transfers & Times
- Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) commence at 7:30am and returns 7:30pm
- Port Douglas commence at 8:30am and returns 6:30pm
- Scenic Coastal Drive: Travel to Port Douglas via the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives.
- Wildlife Habitat: Join a guided tour and see the endangered cassowary and other wildlife, with the opportunity to have your photo taken holding a koala, snake or crocodile (extra cost). Breakfast or snacks available for purchase.
- Daintree River Cable Ferry: Cross the Daintree River on a cable-driven ferry and travel along the rainforest-fringed Cape Tribulation Road as your guide explains the area’s history.
- Tropical Lunch: Served in the heart of Cape Tribulation's rainforest
- Jungle Surfing: Fly through the trees on flying fox ziplines with a bird’s eye view into the canopy and out to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Alexandra Lookout: magnificent views of the Daintree River and Coral Sea.
- Daintree River Cruise: Spot Crocodiles, tree snakes, water birds and other wildlife as your guide takes you through the mangroves along this crocodile infested river.
What to know before you go
Who can Jungle Surf
Jungle Surfing is open to all ages from 3 to 103, with child and adult harnesses to suit almost all sizes. There is however a weight restriction of 120kg (260lbs, 18 stone 12lbs). Cables are rated to withstand 4 tonnes, but the adult harnesses do not tend to fit persons over 120kg. In addition, Jungle Surfing is not recommended for pregnant women.
Jungle Surfing with Children
Your child will be fitted into their own junior harness and will travel independently throughout the tour. However, all spans are travelled in pairs except for one solo flight. If you have a small child, we recommend that two persons accompany the child, one travelling ahead and one behind the child. Please note: Children will not be attached to your adult harness.
Your camera will be attached to your harness during the tour and is perfectly safe. We do not recommend detaching your camera while you are on the cables, but you may wish to do so on the platforms. Our guides also carry cameras and will take photos at certain points throughout the tour. These are available for purchase afterwards at the Jungle Adventure Centre.
Jungle Surfing in the Daintree Reviews
Erena June Sweeney
Kate Louise Georg
Neil O Sullivan
Mel Ash Heston Kumar
Jungle Surfing in the Daintree
Departures: (Daily) Cairns and Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove) commence at 7:30am and returns 7:30pm Port Douglas commence at 8:30am