About Cairns Canyoning
CAIRNS CANYONING Half Day At Crystal Cascades
Bring out your inner dare devil Canyoning in the rainforest where you abseil, Zip Line, Slide & Jump beside waterfalls and into pools. Crystal Canyon is in a secluded section of Crystal Cascades where the excitement of Canyoning a rocky watercourse can be enjoyed in a safe and controlled environment under the supervision of experienced guides.
Designed for Beginners: This half day adventure is suitable for most fitness levels, including those who cannot swim. Beginners and those who have tried Canyoning before are welcome. Participants are challenged to push their own boundaries with the assistance of specialist guides to support and help conquer your fears.
Small group of up to 12 people: 2 adventure guides (who carry all the heavy equipment required for Canyoning)
The adventure starts at the viewing platform at Devil’s Drop, Crystal Cascades where you leave the public access areas, for the higher reaches of the tropical watercourse. This is fed via a series of controlled spillways by Copperlode Dam. After a detailed safety talk and short walk up the track, your first abseil for the day is an 11m controlled descent down the granite rock beside your first waterfall in the spillway section.
Cool off at the bottom in the slippery dip slide that will lead you to where your next challenge awaits...the biggest drop of the day, a 30m abseil down Big Cheese! The course continues with a total of 8 rappels, 3 Jumps, 2 slides and a very cool Zip Line! Along the way you will also have the use of hand lines to ensure you are extra safe while having fun.
This Canyoning adventure will push you outside of your comfort zone as your tackle the challenge of conquering massive boulders and white water in the pristine beauty of a secluded rainforest watercourse. Wildlife including monitor lizards, snakes, birds and a array of colourful butterflies and dragonflies can be seen.
Half Day Morning and Afternoon Tours:
- 6:30am or 12:00pm Pick-up from your accommodation (Time provided when booking).
- Scenic drive to Crystal Cascades
- After changing into Canyoning gear walk 20 minutes before arriving at the viewing platform
- Safety briefing at Devil’s Drop
- Walk up 400 metres to the top of the course
- Familiarise yourself with your gear while your Guides prepare the course
- Descend into the canyon
- Allow approximately 2 hours for your group to complete all sections of the canyon including 8 abseils, 3 jumps, 2 slides
- and a very cool zip line with water landing!
- Arrive at the viewing platform and make your way down towards the change area
- Change into dry clothes and grab a quick bite before boarding the bus
- 1:15pm or 6:15pm Return to pick-up point
Note: Port Douglas tour includes a 10:00am pick-up from your accommodation. Free time in Cairns. Return to Port Douglas at 6:15pm approx.
DEPARTS DAILY FROM
- 6.30am – return 12.30pm
- 12.00pm – return 6.00pm
Cairns Northern Beaches
- 6.00am – return 12.15pm
- 9.30am – return 6.15pm
Check out the breathtaking CRYSTAL CASCADES
Hidden in the tropical rainforests, Crystal Cascades is a natural series of waterfalls that flow into large pools.
It is one of the few places in the world where you can go Canyoning without a heavy wetsuit. It is easily accessible from Cairns and can be used year-round, unlike the seasonal Canyoning locations in Europe
Our canyoning course has been designed to have no environmental impact, and includes :
- 5 Abseils up to 32 metres (104 ft)
- Rock slides and swimming
- 4 Rock Jumps if you are feeling brave
- 30m Zip Line with water splashdown
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Board shorts and swimmers
- Dry clothes, towel and sunscreen
- Daily medication
- Your voucher and money
- Prescription glasses should be worn rather than contact lenses
Padded activity shorts to wear under board shorts, helmet, socks, Canyoning boots, carabiners, harness, light lunch and cold water. Protective safety gear including Canyoning harness, helmet, shoes, longsleeve thermal top for sun protection, neoprene shorts and a low-profile life jacket all padded to provide extra protection from the rocks.
Designed for beginners and those who have tried Canyoning before.
Most fitness levels however you do need some fitness. It is also challenging. Those who cannot swim can still participate.
Prices are per person, including return transfers, all training & equipment and a light lunch
Cairns Canyoning Reviews
The Crystal Cascades is a cascade waterfall on the Freshwater Creek in the Far North region of Queensland, Australia. Wikipedia DEPARTS DAILY FROM Cairns 6.30am – return 12.30pm 12.00pm – return 6.00pm Cairns Northern Beaches 6.00am – return 12.15pm Port Douglas 9.30am – return 6.15pm