About Behana Canyoning
CANYONING TOUR OF BEHANA GORGE WATERFALLS – CAIRNS
Want to experience a little more than the usual sightseeing tour? Immerse yourself in the fresh beautiful waters of Behana Gorge and come for a Canyoning adventure with us. Enjoy the spectacle of some of Cairns best waterfalls all falling into one breathtaking natural gorge as we go:
- Cliff Jumping
- Rock Sliding
- Swimming right under the waterfalls
- Snorkelling through the crystal clear tropical water
- Trekking through lush north Queensland rainforest
After your exciting adventure, chill out as we provide lunch at a gorgeous swimming location. Do what you want, swim, relax, play.
Behana Gorge Adventure
Behana Gorge has a public walking track but is closed to vehicles. A 3.2 kilometre steep walk will get you to the top of the gorge where the best waterfalls are located. Don’t feel like the walk? Only our tour can drive you all the way to the top.
No prior abseiling experience required. Our qualified and experienced guides provide the utmost professionalism to ensure your safety whilst giving you a dose of crazy, fun adventure.
We pick you up and drop you off from your accomodation in the Cairns City Area. Easy! Only a 45 minute drive from Cairns until we reach Behana Gorge. Once we get to the gorge and soak in the beautiful sights, we’ll instruct each of you on abseiling techniques.
A guide will be with you the entire time to make sure everything is safe. We start at the top of the gorge where all the best waterfalls are located and then we canyon our way down the gorge by abseiling, cliff jumping, sliding and swimming.
Hungry yet? We’ll provide a snack lunch and why not chill out for a while and enjoy this beautiful area that nature provides us. After this, we’ll head back to Cairns and drop you at your accommodation
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR DAY
- Transfers to & from Cairns in an air-conditioned mini-bus
- Safety equipment to wear for the canyoning adventure
- Professional abseil instruction from a certified instructor
- Spectacular views of Behana Gorge waterfalls as we canyon down the gorge
- Delicious fresh lunch with amazing surroundings
- Time to relax after the adventure at an amazing swimming spot
- Digital photos of your tour available for purchase
What to Bring
All your safety and adventure equipment is provided on the day, plus transport to and from Behana Gorge. We also provide snacks and lunch. Here’s what you should bring:
- Swimming pants (You’re going to get wet!!!)
- Shoes with good grip that will get wet
- Water bottle
- Sun protection
- Change of Clothes if you feel like getting warm and dry afterwards
- Gopros and waterproof cameras are more than welcome
Behana Canyoning Reviews
Susan Maeve Keller
We pick you up and drop you off from your accomodation in the Cairns City Area. Easy! Only a 45 minute drive from Cairns until we reach Behana Gorge.