Get the best service and rates by dealing direct with Billy Tea Safaris.
| From $ 2051 Day Best of the Cairns Tablelands Tour
Special Expires 31 Mar 2020
About 1 Day Best of the Cairns Tablelands Tour
Billy Tea Safaris is a small locally owned Advanced Eco Accredited Tour Operator, which operates small personalised tours with custom built 4WD vehicles, maximum 16/20 passengers per vehicle, and your naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area, together with experiencing the local lifestyle and culture of the people in the Tablelands. Will ensure your day in the Cairns Tablelands will be a memory of a lifetime.
Tropical North Queensland is undeniably one of the most exciting and diverse regions to visit in Australia and the Cairns Tablelands sits at the very heart of it. With its breathtaking waterfalls, scenic vistas at every turn, impressive lakes, lush rainforest and rugged outback, a visit to this region promises to be one of great contrast, beauty and exploration.
- Pickup from Cairns / Beaches /Port Douglas
- Departing Tuesday / Thursday /Saturday
Highlights of your day in the Tablelands
- Coffee Works...coffee and chocolate tasting, with time to shop among a treasure trove of Gourmet Gifts
- Step back in time from the 1800s at the Herberton Village, over 50 original buildings
- Cup of Billy Tea plus cheese tasting from Local Gallos range and tropical fruit tasting platter all prepared by your Driver
- Spot the elusive Platypus,you may also see Turtles
- Smokehouse platter, featuring a selection of handcrafted smoked meats including crocodile and barramundi.
- Sample locally crafted beer and wine from the Cairns Tablelands region
- 500 year old Curtain Fig Tree one of the largest in Australia
- Get lucky !!! you may see the fascinating Tree Kangaroo in the surrounding trees.
- At Mt Uncle enjoy a complimentary tasting, additional nips of spirits or liqueurs @ $2.00 each.
- Stroll around the grounds at Mt Uncle to meet the friendly alpacas, goats and peacocks.
Experience the best of the Cairns Tablelands region with Billy Tea Safaris; exploring the high-country west of the city; sampling local produce and meeting local characters along the way.From Cairns we climb to 500 metres above sea-level and drive out of the rainforest and on to the multi-cultural village of Mareeba and award-winning Coffee Works for an introduction to Australia’s largest coffee growing region.
Travel on the through coffee plantations, sugar cane, and through the townships of Tolga and Atherton on route to Herberton and its Historic Village, voted on Trip Advisor as one of the top 10 museums in Australia. Enjoy a selection of local tropical fruit and Gallos cheese platter with a cup of local tea.
Then its onto lunch stop at the Australian Platypus Centre and Smokehouse Café along Queensland’s highest scenic drive with epic views of the Tablelands and the Great Dividing Range. Walk into the forest to view one of Australia’s oldest trees, The Curtain Fig Tree; standing at 500 years old. Finish the day at Tropical North Queensland’s only distillery at Mt Uncle and celebrate a beautiful day of exploration, learning and fun.
- Unlimited Coffee and Chocolate tasting for morning tea
- Herberton Historic Village
- Tropical fruit and local cheese tasting platter
- Smokehouse platter featuring a selection of handcrafted smoke meats including crocodile and Barramundi
- A main course lunch selection
- Sample locally crafted beer and wines from the region
- Visit the 500-year-old Curtain Fig Tree
- Enjoy a complimentary tasting at Mt Uncle Distillery additional nips $2.00
Transfer from Port Douglas with an additional cost of $99 per person payable to guide on board
- Adult $205.00
- Child (0-14 years) $175.00
- Infant $175.00
- Family (2 adults + 2 children 0-14 years) $695.00
Billy Tea Safaris will provide Baby Seats or Booster Seat please advise upon booking, all children up to the age of 7 years.
Please be aware there is a 24-hour cancellation policy of 100% cancellation fee. No exceptions.
If you fail to load there is also a 100% cancellation fee applies. No exceptions.
Please check our Terms and Conditions for Cancellation Fees.
PRIVATE CHARTER RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
Prices valid from 18 July 2018 to 31 March 2020.
News By 1 Day Best of the Cairns Tablelands Tour
We are excited to announce that we are launching our new BEST OF Tablelands tour!
By 1 Day Best of the Cairns Tablelands Tour
13 Sep 2018
One year since purchasing the original Daintree touring company, Billy Tea Safaris, parent company Down Under Cruise and Dive continues to invest in the small group touring specialist with this week’s announcement of the launch of a day tour to the Atherton Tablelands.
The Best of Cairns Tablelands tour; running three days a week from the 7th August, will be a showcase of the high-country west of Cairns and will provide visitors with an opportunity to experience the unique and amazing local history, characters, and wildlife all combined with a chance to taste some of the best produce in Australia.
The company’s Managing Director and local owner Peppi Iovannella said, “Over the first 12 months, we have successfully consolidated our position as a leading tour operator and provider of world-class, small group experiences with our unique itineraries to Cape Tribulation and to the Outback at Chillagoe. Our formula for success; small groups, purposebuilt vehicles, unique itineraries and highly trained and experienced Tour Guides will now be applied to the amazing region of the Atherton Tablelands”
Billy Tea Safaris are excited to showcase this outstanding, and professionally curated village that has often been compared to Victoria’s Sovereign Hill. A world-class attraction located in an original mining town that borders the Queensland outback. Billy Tea Safaris will run the tours each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with the intention of building demand over the next 12 months, with the goal of offering the visitor market to Cairns another compelling way to experience the Tablelands.
Ghis Gallo, Chair of local tourism organisation, Tropical Tablelands Tourism commented “TTT welcomes Billy Tea Safaris as a new tour operator to the Atherton Tablelands. Our goal is to grow visitation to the region, in terms of numbers, expenditure and dispersal. TTT is thrilled to hear that the company will be providing an experience to the Herberton Historic Village as a premium tourist attraction in the region. We believe this tour will offer both domestic and international visitors a fabulous way to access our region and learn and experience the diversity it has to offer.”
1 Day Best of the Cairns Tablelands Tour Reviews
Helen Durston Nicholls
1 Day Best of the Cairns Tablelands Tour
Direct Contact Info
Hours: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Po Box 77N