About Grand Kuranda Experience
Experience a full all inclusive day for all things Kuranda
This is a full day inclusive of the Kuranda Scenic Railway, Skyrail Gondola Cableway, some free time in the village to visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary and then transferred to Rainforestation to watch the local indigenous Pamagirri dance troupe perform, go on a rainforest Army Duck tour and visit the Koalas and kangaroos. You will need to commit a full day to this package which will start at approximately 0800 and finish at 1730.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Kuranda Village
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- Rainforestation Nature Park
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience
- BBQ Buffet Lunch
- Koala & Wildlife Park
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Return Coach Transfers from Accommodation (pick up & drop off)
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Port Douglas
- Transfer to Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Smithfield Terminal. The 7.5km Skyrail journey takes 30 – 40 minutes, however we recommend you spend time at the two stations enroute: Red Peak Station and Barron Falls Station. On arrival in Kuranda, please make your way straight up to the coach parking area for the free shuttle bus to the Heritage Markets. Alternatively enjoy a leisurely 10 minute stroll through the village to the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary.
- Enter Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. Marvel at the largest butterfly flight aviary in the country, with a guided tour through the landscaped gardens. View hundreds of butterflies including the famous electric blue Ulysses and Australia’s largest butterfly, the Cairns Birdwing. Entry into other nature parks or expenditures in Kuranda Village are at own expense.
- Transfer to Rainforestation Nature Park. Please be at the bus stop outside the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary at designated time.
- Arrive at Rainforestation Nature Park. Your tour includes:
- BBQ Lunch Enjoy a delicious hot buffet and a wide selection of salads, cheeses and fruits.
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard. Travel deep into the rainforest on both land and water as your guide explains different species of flora and fauna.
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience Watch the Pamagirri Dancers perform in the rainforest amphitheatre, then join the Dreamtime Walk - learn to throw a boomerang and watch spear-throwing and didgeridoo playing.
- Koala & Wildlife Park Join a guided tour, and see crocodiles, snakes, dingoes, a cassowary, and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies. You’ll have the opportunity to have your photo taken cuddling a koala or holding a small crocodile (optional extra).
- Transfer to Kuranda Railway Station. Please present your itinerary to Kuranda Railway Station to receive your ticket for the 3:30pm train.
- Kuranda Scenic Rail The scenic rail journey takes 1.5 hours. Make sure to disembark at Freshwater Station.
- Your coach will be at the Freshwater Station to transfer you to your accommodation in Port Douglas. Please tell your Driver Guide if you do not require a return transfer.
Please note tours from Cairns will operate in reverse. (Train up / Skyrail down)
Return hotel transfers from Port Douglas included commencing approx 8am from Port Douglas.
Returning 6pm to Port Douglas.
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Money for souvenirs
- Bottle of water
- Hat & Sunscreen
Grand Kuranda Experience Reviews
Robert and Debra Cochrane
Grand Kuranda Experience
Return hotel transfers from Cairns, Northern Beaches (Trinity Beach and Palm Cove) and Port Douglas included commencing approx 8am from Cairns and Port Douglas and 9am from Northern Beaches. Returning 5:30pm to Cairns, 6pm Northern Beaches and Port Douglas.